Corona Virus - FAQ - Closure of the Library
Please also note the general information provided by the Goethe University: Update on limitation of the coronavirus risk
Until further notice (April 15, 2020 - 11:00 am)
- Why is the university library closed?"
- Can I borrow and return media?
- Will fines be set when the loan period expires?
- Can I renew my loans?
- What about my borrowings from the textbook collection and the "Semesterausleihe"?
- Can I reserve borrowed media?
- Can I send media back to the library?
- What about interlibrary loan?
- How can I now use e-books and e-journals?
- Can I also use Beck-Online from home?
- Can I still get my working materials from my reserved working spaces?
- Can I extend my library card?
- Can I currently submit my thesis?
- Further Questions?
1. Why is the university library closed?
The closure was mandatory in accordance with Section 1 (4) of the Vierten Verordnung zur Bekämpfung des Corona-Virus (Fourth Regulation on the Control of the Corona Virus), an ordinance of the Hesse State Government.
2. Can I borrow and return media?
No, media can currently neither be borrowed nor returned.
Please note our special offers for teaching staff.
3. Will fines be set when the loan period expires?
No, currently you will not be fined for overdue books.
4. Can I renew my loans?
No. This is not necessary. All of your loans will be extended automatically for another 28 days after their expiry date for the duration of the library closure.
5. What about my borrowings from the textbook collection and the "Semesterausleihe"?
All loans from the textbook collection will be also extended automatically for the duration of the library closure.
This also applies to books from the "Semesterausleihe"!
6. Can I reserve borrowed media?
No. Reservations are currently not possible.
7. Can I send media back to the library?
No, this is currently not possible.
It is not necessary because all of your loans will be extended automatically for the duration of the library closure.
8. What about interlibrary loan?
New orders are currently not possible, nor is it possible to pick up interlibrary loan orders.
Borrowed interlibrary loan books are extended automatically by a further 28 days after their expiry date for the duration of the library closure.
9. How can I now use e-books and e-journals?
|If you are a member of the Goethe University:||
To access e-journals, e-books and databases from outside the Goethe University campus, you need to log in via the library homepage. You can find help on logging in at:
Login: E-Journals, E-Books, Datenbanken von zu Hause nutzen
Overview of the online services of the library
VPN access is not required and would not allow access!
|If you are not a member of the Goethe University:||
External users can use e-journals with a green traffic light at the Electronic Journals Library and via the search portal they can use e-books that are marked with the note: Für Nutzer mit gültigem Bibliotheksausweis (i.e.: Also accessible from outside the campus for users with a valid library card)
10. Can I also use Beck-Online from home?
From now on, until further notice, students and members of the Goethe-University have remote access to the contents of Beck-online
11. Can I still get my working materials from my reserved working spaces?
No. Please contact: auskunft[at]ub.uni-frankfurt.de for more information.
12. Can I get a new or extend my existing library card?
Right now we can't issue library cards at the library. We would like to send you your library card number online. Please fill out the registration form and send us an email to auskunft[at]ub.uni-frankfurt.de with a photo/scan of the required documents.
Library cards can be renewed by email. Please send a photo or a scan of your library card and the front and back side of your ID card to: auskunft[at]ub.uni-frankfurt.de
The library team cannot extend GoetheCards.
13. Can I currently submit my thesis?
No. Please don't send us yout thesis by post, as we can't guarantee that someone can accept your package.
We will be happy to answer any further questions by e-mail: auskunft[at]ub.uni-frankfurt.de
Zurück zum Seitenanfang
zuletzt geändert am 8. Juli 2020