Funding for Open Access books
In 2022, Goethe University offers funding opportunities for Open Access books (monographs and edited volumes) to researchers. In terms of volume, the fund is strictly limited – funding is available for approximately 10 books.
Cost coverage follows the first come, first serve principle. If you are planning to publish an Open Access book, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to support you in choosing a suitable publisher, especially in terms of OA publication charges and the publisher´s services. Provided the following funding requirements are met, we will be happy to reserve an according amount to support your publication.
Funding requirements for Open Access books
The fund can cover Open Access publishing fees for books and edited volumes up to a certain amount, as long as the following funding requirements are observed:
- Publications must result from research activities funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
- If any third-party funding for the publication is available, these funds need to be used first. The Open Access Book Fund will cover the difference, as long as it is within the cost limit.
- The cost limit/price cap for publication fees is 5,000 EUR gross / 4,201.68 net. Only Open Access publication costs are covered, but no costs resulting from the production of a print edition. Any cost beyond the price cap must be covered otherwise.
- Funded books require at least a DOI that refers to the complete volume. Edited volumes, ideally, have additional DOIs referring to the individual chapters.
- The publication process includes peer review or other measures for scholarly quality assurance, as are common in the discipline.
- The publisher should list its OA books in OAPEN or the DOAB.
- The books are published under a Creative Commons license. The licenses CC-BY oder CC-BY-SA are preferred. A publication under a Creative Commons license including
the NC (NonCommercial) component cannot be covered by the fund.
Additionally, authors and editors must grant publishers a non-exclusive license to publish their work, only.
- The affiliation of the person funded (author or editor) to Goethe University is clearly stated within the book. In edited volumes, at least one editor is affiliated to Goethe University.
- Funding Acknowledgements: DFG funding is stated within the metadata and at an appropriate place in the book (e. g. the imprint), including the unique project/funding ID, if available.
Along with die DFG acknowledgement, information on the Open Access Book Fund is included. It can be stated as follows:
„The open access publication of this book was funded by the Open Access Publication Fund of Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.“
„We/the authors thank the Open Access Publication Fund of Goethe University Frankfurt am Main for supporting the open access publication of this book.“
Funding is not available for
- Single chapters or contributions to edited volumes
- Edited volumes, if only contributors are affiliated to GU – only editors of complete volumes can be funded
Dr. Roland Wagner
Tel. 069/ 798-42625
Zurück zum Seitenanfang
zuletzt geändert am 26. September 2022