» The Archive's holdings
» The Archive's index
Cartoon by Wilhelm Busch
The Schopenhauer-Archive comprises a part of the literary remains of Arthur Schopenhauer and other important material which benefits research on the life, work and effects of the philosopher.
- Arthur Schopenhauer's manuscripts, letters written by him, letters sent to him and those from Schopenhauer's environment as well as documents connected with the philosopher's biography.
- A copy of the entire Schopenhauer manuscript holdings of the Staatsbibliothek Stiftung Preußischer Kulturbesitz Berlin.
- Objects from Schopenhauer's everyday life in three museum-like rooms.
- A part of the remaining Schopenhauer library (30%).
- Portraits, (oil paintings, graphics, photographs, sculptures) of Arthur Schopenhauer, his relatives and other contemporaries who were connected with him.
- The literary remains of Arthur Hübscher, Schopenhauer researcher and long-standing
president of the Schopenhauer Society
- Arthur Hübscher's library
- Working manuscripts
- Working materials
- Documents and objects
The Archive possesses a typewritten book catalogue with the following parts:
- The library of Arthur Schopenhauer in the holdings of the Archive.
- Copy of the catalogue of the library as left by Arthur Schopenhauer at the time of his death.
- Catalogue of the picture department of the Archive.
The following catalogues are available on the book market:
- Estermann, Alfred: Die Autographen des Schopenhauer-Archivs der Stadt- und
Universitätsbibliothek Frankfurt am Main : Gesamtverz. / bearb. von Alfred Estermann. -
Frommann-Holzboog, 1988. - 175 S. ISBN 3-7728-0980-4
- Hübscher, Arthur: Schopenhauer-Bildnisse. Eine Ikonographie / von Arthur Hübscher. - Frankfurt am Main : Kramer, 1968.-159 S.
Only one part of Arthur Hübscher's literary remains has been catalogued and thus accessible via the Online-Catalogue (OPAC) of the Universitätsbibliothek. Everything else is listed in a stock list overview.
Zurück zum Seitenanfang
zuletzt geändert am 26. September 2022